|Origin||Silver Springs, Maryland, USA|
|Genres||Doom Metal, Traditional Doom|
|Years active||1992 - 1996, 2004 - 2009|
|Labels||Hellhound Records, PsycheDOOMelic Records|
|Associated acts||Iron Man, Unorthodox, Wino, Valkyrie, Pentagram, Spirit Caravan, The Obsessed, Earthride, War Injun, King Valley, Indestroy, Fatal Sin, Primer Grey|
Wretched formed in 1992, founded by Parsons, Sherman, Basilika and Kotsioukis. Largely playing the Maryland and DC area in their initial tenure the band managed to sign to Hellhound Records. With the noted doom label the band managed to release three studio albums in three years: Life Out There in 1993, Psychosomatic Medicine in 1994 and Center of the Universe in 1995. From that point the band's activity and existence is somewhat of a mystery. Gary Isom would join the band at some point in 1996 but leave the group to form Spirit Caravan with Dave Sherman while the latter also founded Earthride the next year.
The band reformed sometime around 2004 with Parsons as the sole original member. Louis Strachan (Iron Man), Jon Blank (Rezin) and eventually Rob Brannigan would round out the remaining lineup. However, Basilika would return to the group to record three songs with this lineup, with plans to record a new album.
On 2 May 2009 while on tour with Wino in Europe, Jon Blank died of an accidental drug overdose. Out of respect for Blank, Parsons chose to end the band. The band did host one more show at a private event on 19 July 2009 with Sherman on vocals. Wretched's final recordings in Black Ambience were released in September 2009 as a memorial to Blank.
- Life Out There (Album) (1993, Hellhound Records)
- Psychosomatic Medicine (Album) (1994, Hellhound Records)
- Center of the Universe (Album) (1995, Hellhound Records)
- Black Ambience (EP) (2009, PsycheDOOMelic Records)
- Jeff Parsons - Guitar (1992 - 1996, 2004 - 2009)
- Gus Basilika - Drums (1992 - 1994, 2008 - 2009)
- Johnny Kotsioukis - Bass (1992 - 1996)
- Dave Sherman - Vocals (1992 - 1996, 2009)
- Mike Phillips - Drums (1995 - 1996)
- Jon Blank - Vocals (2004 - 2009) (Died 2009)
- Louis Strachan - Bass (2004 - 2009)
- Gary Isom - Drums (1996, 2004 - 2007)
- Rob Brannigan - Drums (2007 - 2008)