|Origin||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|Genres||Funeral doom metal|
|Years active||1998–2001, 2004-present|
|Labels|| Endzeit Elegies, Painiac Records,
Weird Truth Productions
|Associated acts||Mournful Congregation, Bell Witch, Corrupted, Funeral Moth|
|Current members|| The Doommonger|
|Past members|| Fucked-Up Mad Max †|
In 1998, French musician Maximilien "Fucked Up Mad Max" Varnier and German musician Daniel "The Doomonger" Pharos met and became friends when Max, the publisher of fanzine Ocean Morphique, interviewed Daniel multiple times. Since both shared interest in doom metal, they formed a band together; Daniel was responsible for the music, together they wrote the lyrics and sang, Max played drums on later recordings.
During a stay in Canada, the manic-depressive Max took his own life in full swing in July 2001 by jumping off a bridge. In 2003, the band was activated by Daniel after many coaxing again, as another guitarist joined in 2004 Satachrist to the band as well as on the bass in the studio Kuolema. Together, the album already started with Max was finished.
For the first time, the band (with additional live musicians) played three concerts in Belgium and Holland in 2005. For the tenth anniversary in 2008, the band then played a jubilee tour, including performances in Russia and Japan. In 2014, the band toured again in Japan with Corrupted.
The band always understood explicitly as an underground band, with little interest in commercial success. Daniel is also active as a singer of the band Beyond the Void from 2000-2009.
Current members Edit
- Daniel "The Doomonger" Pharos – lead guitar, vocals (1998–2001, 2004–present)
- Martin "Satacheist" Tapparo – rhythm guitar (2004–present)
- Dominik "DoomNike" Morgenroth – bass (2008–present)
- Claus "Sepulchralis" Legarth – drums (2007–present)
Former members Edit
- Maximilien "Fucked-Up Mad Max" Varnier – vocals, drums (1998–2001)
Studio albums Edit
- Last Tape Before Doomsday (1999)
- Kicked and Whipped / Keep on Selling Cocaine to Angels (2000, with Agathocles)
- Worship / Stabat Mater (2002, with Stabat Mater)
- The Epitome of Gods and Men Alike / Let There Be Doom... (2002, with Mournful Congregation)
- Worship / Loss (2005, with Loss)
- Elemental Doom Trilogy I - Wood (2008, with Persistence in Mourning)