Troubled Horse in 2018.
|Genres||Heavy Rock, Garage Rock|
|Years active||2003 - Present|
|Labels||Rise Above Records, Crusher Records|
|Associated acts||Witchcraft, Spiders, Big Kizz, Bombus|
|Website||Troubled Horse on Facebook|
Troubled Horse is a garage/hard rock band based out of Örebro, Sweden. The band would be founded by Martin Heppich alongside three current and former members of Witchcraft at the time. Though forming in the early 2000s it would take the band nearly a decade to release a debut album in Step Inside and another five years for a follow-up, with a whole new line-up including former Witchcraft members Jonas Arnesén and Tom Jondelius.
Both albums would be released via English label Rise Above Records and attain critical praise as the band toured Europe frequently through the 2010s.
Troubled Horse would be founded by Martin Heppich in 2003, wanting to do heavy rock combines the raw sounds of 60′s garage rock with the heavy riffs of 70′s psych-doom, resembling bands such as Dust and Lincoln Street Exit. Eventually he'd attain three more musicians in Ola Henriksson, Jens Henriksson and John Hoyles, all of whom played in Witchcraft (Hoyles the only one still in Witchcraft when Troubled Horse formed.). The band largely performed gigs in Sweden and seven years after forming released a single entitled Bring My Horses Home / Shirleen. This would gain the attention of one Lee Dorrian who would then sign the band to Rise Above Records.
Step Inside would be released on 20 November 2012 to generally positive reviews. Troubled Horse would tour Europe in 2013 alongside the likes of fellow Swedish rockers Horisont and American doom metal band Orchid while appearing at festivals such as Muskelrock and Stoned From The Underground. The band would also participate in Rise Above Records' 25th anniversary showcase.
Following a string of shows in 2014 the band would go dormant for a couple years before returning in 2016 with a new lineup featuring Heppich, Michael Linder, Jonas Arnesén (Witchcraft) and Tom Jondelius (Witchcraft). Recording at Music A Matic the band would release a second album in Revolution on Repeat circa 31 March 2017, attaining positive reviews. Troubled Horse would tour Europe in 2017 twice with the second tour alongside a returning Graveyard, followed by another tour of Europe in 2018.
- Bring My Horses Home / Shirleen (7" Single) (2010, Crusher Records)
- Step Inside (Studio Album) (2012, Rise Above Records)
- Revolution on Repeat (Studio Album) (2017, Rise Above Records)
- Martin Heppich - Guitar, Vocals (2003 - Present)
- Tom Jondelius - Guitar, Keyboards, Backing Vocals (2016 - Present)
- Michael Linder - Bass, Guitar (2016 - Present)
- Jonas Arnesén - Drums (2016 - Present
- John Hoyles - Guitar, Backing Vocals (2003 - 2014)
- Ola Henriksson - Bass, Backing Vocals (2003 - 2014)
- Jens Henriksson - Drums (2003 - 2014)
- Angel Rodriguez - Guitar (2012 - 2014)
List of Known ToursEdit
- Spring 2010 Mini-Tours (With Horisont) (2010)
- Spring 2013 European Tour (With Orchid, Free Fall) (2013)
- Fall 2013 European Tour (With Horisont) (2013)
- 2017 European Tour (2017)
- Fen-Fire Tour (With Graveyard) (2017)
- 2018 European Tour (2018)