Album cover for the Duna version.
Album cover for the Heavy Psych Sounds Reissue is below.
|Studio album by Brant Bjork|
|Released||February 21 2007|
|Recorded||October 2006 at Back of the Moon Studios in Joshua Tree, California|
|Genre||Stoner Rock, Desert Rock, Acoustic|
|Label||Duna, Heavy Psych Sounds|
|Producer||Brant Bjork and Tony Mason|
|Brant Bjork chronology|
| Saved By Magic |
| Tres Dias |
| Somera Sól |
Tres Dias is the sixth solo album by desert rock musician Brant Bjork, released in February 2007 via his own Duna imprint (and one of two releases by Brant that year). Tres Dias is notable for being Brant's most minimal and intimate release to date, with acoustic interpretations of old and (then) new solo songs, with slight percussion on only a couple tracks to compliment the acoustic sound and vocals.
The album gets the name for being recorded in just three days at Tony Mason's house in late 2006.
At some point in late 2006 (Bjork himself has stated in the press kit that he recorded in October though some sources say Tres Dias was recorded right before Christmas), Brant would record eight songs in a purely acoustic style at Tony Mason's house in three days, thus the title. Bjork would also perform a solo acoustic set that February before touring the world with the Bros, just months before the release of Somera Sól.
The album itself was released on CD and an LP edition limited to 1500 copies (1200 black, 300 yellow with the majority in translucent and a few in solid yellow), with early pre-order and mailorder copies of either version coming with a postcard of the same graphics signed and hand-lettered by Bjork. A limited pressing on clear vinyl would be released in 2008.
On 21 June 2018 it would be announced as part of Heavy Psych Sounds' reissue series that Tres Dias and Local Angel would be the first Brant Bjork solo records in the series. Along with unlimited Black Vinyl and Digipak CD the album would be pressed with 50 test pressings, 250 Green/Yellow Quad Color and 500 Gold Vinyl.
- 1. Too Many Chiefs (4:34)
- 2. Love Is Revolution (4:28)
- 3. Chinarosa (4:04)
- 4. The Native Tongue (4:29)
- 5. Video (3:34)
- 6. Right Time (3:46)
- 7. The Messengers (4:32)
- 8. The Knight Surrenders Today (3:07)
- Too Many Chiefs - Originally appeared on Jalamanta.
- Love Is Revolution - Would later appear on Somera Sól.
- Chinarosa - Would later appear on Somera Sól and as a vinyl bonus track on Punk Rock Guilt.
- The Native Tongue - Would later appear on Somera Sól.
- Video - Originally appeared on Keep Your Cool. as "Gonna Make the Scene".
- Right Time - Would later appear on Punk Rock Guilt as "Punk Rock Guilt" with slightly different lyrics.
- The Messengers - Originally appeared on Saved By Magic.
- The Knight Surrenders Today - Exclusive to the album.
- Brant Bjork - Acoustic Guitars, Percussion, Vocals, Producer, Layout (Original)
- Tony Mason - Producer, Engineer, Mixing
- Cale Bunker - Artwork, Layout (Original)
- Tres Dias via YouTube
- Tres Dias via Heavy Psych Sounds' Bandcamp
- Review via Lockbox
- 10th Anniversary Tribute via Doodlehound
|V·T·E Brant Bjork|
|Solo Albums||Jalamanta • Brant Bjork & The Operators • Keep Your Cool. • Local Angel • Saved By Magic (As Brant Bjork & The Bros) • Tres Dias • Somera Sól (As Brant Bjork & The Bros) • Punk Rock Guilt • Gods & Goddesses • Black Flower Power (As Brant Bjork & The Low Desert Punk Band) • Tao of The Devil • Mankind Woman • Jacoozzi • Brant Bjork|
|Other Solo Releases||Sabbia • Falling To Space • Europe '16|
|Fu Manchu||No One Rides For Free • The Action Is Go • Jailbreak • Godzilla • Eatin' Dust • (Godzilla's) Eatin' Dust • King Of The Road • California Crossing|
|Kyuss||Sons of Kyuss • Wretch • Blues for the Red Sun • Welcome to Sky Valley|
|Mondo Generator||Cocaine Rodeo • A Drug Problem That Never Existed • Use Once and Destroy Me Tour 2003 • I Never Sleep • Australian Tour EP 2008|
|Other Associated Bands and Selected Releases||The Desert Sessions • Vista Chino • Peace • Ché • Sounds of Liberation • Fatso Jetson • Solarfeast • Gossamer • Balls For Days|