|Origin||Los Angeles, California|
|Genres||Heavy Rock, Rock and Roll, Punk Rock, Fuzz Rock, Heavy Metal|
|Years active||2008 - Present|
|Labels||Tee Pee Records, Century Media, Eliminator|
|Associated acts||AC Band, Hold The Phone, Nightling, Sic Alps, Easy, Rabies, Charley Horse, Die Hunns, Nashville Pussy|
|Website||The Shrine Official|
The Shrine are a rock and roll band based out of Los Angeles, California. Forming in 2008 and describing themselves as "Psychedelic Violence Rock and Roll", The Shrine create a high-energy fuzz sound mixing elements of California stoner rock, skate punk, heavy metal and classic rock and roll. Gaining buzz after their eponymous debut, The Shrine would attain further acclaim with three more studio albums (Two of which with Tee Pee Records and one with Century Media) alongside several 7" singles and touring all over the world.
The Shrine would be founded in 2008 by the initial trio of Josh Landau, Jeff Murray and Court Murphy. Establishing a sound mixing punk, heavy metal and classic rock in vein of the California scene. The Shrine would play their first shows in 2009 before releasing two 7" singles and then the eponymous debut in The Shrine in 2011. Soon after the band would sign with Tee Pee Records and quickly begin work on a second album. Primitive Blast would see release on 10 July 2012 to critical acclaim from the likes of The Obelisk, Punknews (7/10) and Metal Assault (10/10) among others.
The Shrine would tour heavily to promote Primitive Blast while releasing several EPs and split singles. The band would work on a follow-up, recording at Eliminator Studios in Venice Beach, California. Bless Off would be released on 11 March 2014 via Tee Pee Records and attain praise from the likes of Metal Assault (9.5/10), Spin (8/10) and New Noise Magazine. The Shrine would tour heavily throughout North America and Europe to support Bless Off.
In 2015 The Shrine would sign with Century Media Records, releasing Rare Breed on 30 October 2015 to positive reviews and consistent touring to support the album. The Shrine would briefly function as a quartet in 2017 before reverting to a trio with new bassist Corey Parks (Charley Horse, Nashville Pussy). The first release with this new lineup would be the 2017 single Never More Than Now, the A-side featuring Keith Morris (Black Flag, Circle Jerks, OFF!).
The Shrine would remain active touring and performing in the California scene, while also putting out a live album from their 2016 performance at Freak Valley Festival and a new EP in Cruel World.
- The Shrine (2011, Eliminator)
- Primitive Blast (2012, Tee Pee Records)
- Bless Off (2014, Tee Pee Records)
- Rare Breed (2015, Century Media)
- Olympic Airstream / Mirror Fits Like A Glove (7" Single) (2010, Eliminator)
- The Shrine (7" Single) (2011, Eliminator)
- No Penalty/Future Of Our Nation (7" Single) (2013, Tym Records)
- Napalm + Hellride (7" Single) (2013, Tee Pee Records)
- In My Head + Symptom Of The Universe (7" Single) (2013, Eliminator)
- Spit In My Life / Runaway (Split 7" with Zig Zags) (2014, Volcom Entertainment)
- High School Rip / Tripping Corpse (Split 7" with Dirty Fences) (2014, Tym Records)
- Waiting For The War (12" Single) (2014, Eliminator; Tankcrimes)
- Japan Wolf (Tour-Only Compilation) (2014, Self-Released)
- Never More Than Now (7" Single) (2017, Eliminator)
- Cruel World (12" EP) (2019, Eliminator)
- Freak Valley Festival 2016 (Live Album) (2019, Rock Freaks Records)
- Born To Waste Away (Digital Single) (2020, Eliminator)
- Josh Landau - Guitar, Vocals (2010 - Present)
- Jeff Murray - Drums (2010 - Present)
- Corey Parks - Bass (2017 - Present)
- Court Murphy - Bass (2010 - 2017)
- Barrett Avner - Guitar (2017)