The album cover, showing a subtle nod to Blue Oyster Cult.
|Studio album by Shrinebuilder|
|Released||October 12 2009|
|Recorded|| January 2009 at Westbeach Recorders (Recording)|
Nephew's Closet (Mixing)
Golden Mastering (Mastering) in Hollywood, California, USA (Recording/Mixing)
Ventura, California, USA (Mastering)
|Genre||Stoner Metal, Doom Metal|
|Producer||Toshi Kasai & Dale Crover (Deaf Nephews)|
| N/A |
| Shrinebuilder |
| L•i•v•e |
After a great deal of the writing process involving the respective members sending files to each other over a period of time. In January 2009 the full band met together for the first time to set about recording the material they had previously sketched out. Kelly documented the recording sessions via his blog site "We Burn Through The Night". The debut record was recorded in three days, with Crover and Toshi Kasai (Collectively known as The Deaf Nephews) as producers.
In response to the album's release the band would perform a short tour of the United States with tours following the next two years.
An alternate 13-minute version of "Science of Anger" was recorded in Brooklyn, NY in April 2010. This single alternate recording would be issued digitally via Coextinction Recordings.
All songs written by Shrinebuilder.
- 1. Solar Benediction (8:44)
- 2. Pyramid of The Moon (7:35)
- 3. Blind for All to See (7:27)
- 4. The Architect (5:56)
- 5. Science of Anger (9:25)
- Scott Weinrich - Guitar, Vocals (1, 4, 5)
- Scott Kelly - Guitar, Vocals (All Songs)
- Al Cisneros - Bass, Vocals (2, 5)
- Dale Crover - Drums, Backing Vocals (All Songs), Engineer, Producer
- Toshi Kasai - Keyboards (2, 5), Engineer, Producer
- Josh Graham - Artwork, Graphics
- Julie Patterson - Photography
|Past Members||Al Cisneros • Scott Kelly • Scott Weinrich • Dale Crover • Chris Hakius|
|Singles||Coextinction Release 3|
|Associated Bands and Artists||Neurosis • Tribes of Neurot • The Obsessed • Spirit Caravan • Saint Vitus • Sleep • Om • Asbestosdeath • Melvins|