|Origin||Boston, Massachusetts, USA|
|Years active||1993 - Present|
|Labels||Small Stone Records, Ripple Music, Man's Ruin Records, Curve of The Earth, MIA, Lunasound|
|Associated acts||Sasquatch, Nebula, The Freeks, Antler, Kind, X-15, Blackwolfgoat, Hackman, Milligram, Slapshot|
Roadsaw are a stoner rock band originating from Boston, forming in 2003. With a sound that also delves into hard rock, heavy metal and classic rock and roll, Roadsaw is a long strange trip is a virtual history of heavy riffs with a career spanning nearly thirty years, frequently touring the United States and Europe throughout their career. To date the band has released six studio albums on various labels, their latest being 2019's "Tinnitus The Night".
Early Years / Curve of The Earth (1993 - 2006)Edit
Roadsaw formed in 1993 though little is known of the band's earliest years except the band formed initially as a quintet. This lineup would record a debut album in One Million Dollars, released in 1995 via Salt of The Earth. Vocalist Sandra Cohen would leave, turning the band into a quartet with several members coming and going, vocalist Craig Riggs and bassist Tim Katz the two constants. The band would release another album through Curve of The Earth in 1997's Nationwide.
The band would sign with Tortuga Records in 2000 to release their third album in Rawk N' Roll. The band would briefly sign with M.I.A. Records but later work with Swedish label Lunasound for a 2002 re-issue after a falling out with M.I.A. Roadsaw also began regularly touring throughout the United States in the late 1990s and eventually, several tours through Europe starting in 1999. The band would also appear at various festivals in their early years such as Emissions from the Monolith, Hultsfredsfestivalen and The New England Metal and Hardcore Festival just to name a few.
See You in Hell and Roadsaw (2007 - 2017)Edit
Following a tour of SXSW in 2007 Roadsaw would sign a worldwide deal with Small Stone Records and release See You In Hell! on 26 August 2008 to positive reviews. Roadsaw would tour Europe the next year supporting "See You In Hell!" alongside Church of Misery, which included an appearance at Roadburn Festival. The band would also participate in a Small Stone Records showcase and close out 2009 returning to England for Orange Goblin's annual Christmas show.
As work would begin on a fifth studio album the band would tour SXSW in 2010 and support various touring acts. The band's fifth album would be recorded at Mad Oak Studio in Allston, Massachusetts that summer. The eponymous Roadsaw saw release the next year to positive reviews, along with the band participating in a Small Stone Records tour of Europe alongside Dixie Witch and Sasquatch. Roadsaw would return to Europe in 2012 which would include an appearance at Desertfest London and close out the year performing at Stoner Hands of Doom.
Tinnitus The Night (2018 - Present)Edit
After some years of relative quiet Roadsaw would perform a string of shows alongside a returning Scissorfight. Notably longtime drummer Jeremy Hemond would leave the group with lead singer Craig Riggs taking over the drum role while also handling vocal duties. Now functioning as a trio Roadsaw would begin work on a sixth album. Having signed with Ripple Music in 2016 and recording in 2018 Tinnitus The Night would see release on 7 June 2019 to positive reception.
- One Million Dollars (1995, Curve of The Earth)
- Nationwide (1997, Curve of The Earth)
- Rawk N' Roll (2000, Tortuga; 2002, Lunasound)
- See You In Hell! (2008, Small Stone Records)
- Roadsaw (2011, Small Stone Records)
- Tinnitus The Night (2019, Ripple Music)
- Sickest Ride / Gorgeous (Split with Grind) (1994, Curve of The Earth)
- Fancy Pants / Handed You Your Ass (Single) (1994, Curve of The Earth)
- American Dream (7" Single) (1996, Man's Ruin Records)
- Takin' Out The Trash (Compilation) (1999, Wonderdrug)
- The Boston Sherwood Tapes (Split Album with Blackrock) (2001, Underdogma)
- Tim Catz - Bass, Vocals (1993 - Present)
- Craig Riggs - Drums, Vocals (1993 - Present)
- Ian Ross - Guitar (1999 - Present)
- Sandra Cohen - Vocals (1993 - 1995)
- Darryl Shepherd - Guitar, Vocals (1993 - 1999)
- Steve Malone - Guitar, Vocals (1993 - 1996)
- Hari Hassin - Drums (1997 - 2007)
- Jeff Turlick - Guitar (1999)
- Jeramy Hemond - Drums (2007 - 2017)
List of Known ToursEdit
- $1,000,000 North American Tour (With Tree) (1995)
- 1999 North American Tour (1999)
- 1999 European Tour (With Leadfoot, Terra Firma) (1999)
- Rawk n' Roll European Tour (2000)
- 2002 European Tour (With Orange Goblin, Grand Magus) (2002)
- SXSW Tour (2007)
- 2009 European Tour (Select dates with Church of Misery, Pawnshop) (2009)
- 2011 SXSW Tour (2011)
- Small Stone Records European Tour (With Dixie Witch, Sasquatch) (2011)
- October 2017 Shows (With Scissorfight) (2017)