|Genres||Stoner Metal, Doom Metal|
|Years active||2011 - Present|
Motherslug are a band based out of Melbourne, Australia. Forming in 2011 initially as a quartet but late becoming a quartet, Motherslug play a brand of stoner/doom heavily inspired by Black Sabbath, Kyuss, Sleep and Electric Wizard to name a few. The band has attained praise from the likes of The Obelisk, Outlaws of the Sun, Dr. Doom, Metal Obsession and Glacially Musical among others. To date they've released two studio albums and have performed all over Australia with a wide range of musical acts be it fellow locals or touring marquee performers.
Motherslug would form roughly around 2011 as a quintet with the founding lineup of Crichton, Bae, Radcliffe, Cox and Fergus. This founding lineup would build towards their debut show at the Cherry Bar on 29 February 2012. Motherslug would perform several gigs in the Melbourne area, leading up to their eponymous debut EP on 1 November 2012 to positive reception from The Obelisk and Heavy Planet among others. A release party for the first EP would take place on 21 December 2012. A follow-up EP would come two years later in Three Kings In Darkness, released 1 April 2014 and surrounding the band's first known tour of Australia. The band would also make an appearance at the 2014 edition of Doomsday Festival. Both EPs would be combined into a self-titled album in 2015.
Guitarist changes and eventually a shift into a quartet would happen by 2017, along with the band recording at Beveridge Road Recording Studios in Silvan along with The Black Lodge in Brunswick that Winter. With an announcement in early October, Motherslug's first true album The Electric Dunes of Titan would be released on 31 October 2017 to positive reception from the likes of Angry Metal Guy, Worship Metal, Moshville, Outlaws of The Sun and Metal Obsession to name a few. Motherslug remain active in the Australian stoner and doom scene and are beginning work on a follow-up as of 2020.
- Motherslug (EP) (2012, Self-Released)
- Three Kings In Darkness (EP) (2014, Self-Released)
- Motherslug (Studio Album) (2015, NoSlip Records)
- The Electric Dunes of Titan (Studio Album) (2017, Heartland Records; Utopia)
- Cameron Crichton - Vocals (2011 - Present)
- Cynthia Bae - Drums (2011 - Present)
- Nick Radcliffe - Drums (2011 - Present)
- Regan Batley - Guitars (2015 - Present)
- Fergus - Guitars (2011 - 2014)
- Matt Cox - Guitars (2011 - 2015)
- Danny Thrash - Guitars (2014 - 2017)
List of Known ToursEdit
- Three Kings In Darkness Tour (2014)