|Genres||Instrumental Rock, Stoner Rock, Progressive Rock|
|Years active||2009 - Present|
|Labels||Meatlocker, Trill Or Be Trilled|
|Associated acts||Sir Hedgehog, Acres|
Monobrow are an instrumental stoner trio based out of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. Forming in 2009, this band incorporates elements of psychedelic and space rock among a stoner nucleus. To date the trio have released four studio albums among a host of other releases.
Monobrow would form sometime in 2009. Though little is known of their origins it is known that the trio would record an album at Meatlocker Studios, releasing the eponymous Monobrow on 10 September 2010, with a vinyl release party to follow on 9 April 2011 at The Dominion Tavern in Ottawa. The band performed sporadic shows in Ottawa, including All That Is Heavy with the likes of Blood Ceremony and Iron Man. Working again with Meatlocker Studios a second album in Bennington Triangle Blues would see release in 2012. A vinyl release would be hosted on 26 January 2013 at The Dominion Tavern.
Big Sky, Black Horse would follow on 12 June 2014 with a release show with a release party on 26 July. Big Sky, Black Horse would attain more critical buzz than it's predecessors, notably from the likes of The Sludgelord, The Burning Beard and The Grim Tower to name a few. The band would keep active with sporadic shows, also releasing an EP entitled A Handwritten Letter From The Moon the next year.
Signing with Trill or Be Trilled in the summer of 2015 Monobrow would attain a new label with their next endeavor. Along with shows supporting touring artists such as Elder and appearances at DIY festivals in Canada the band would compose a fourth album. The Nacarat would see release on 31 May 2017 with a release to positive reviews from the likes of New Noise Magazine, Outlaws of The Sun, Merchants of Air and Metal Temple. In the time surrounding the release of The Nacarat, Monobrow would share the stage with a wide arrangement of bands such as 1000mods, Yawning Man, We Are The Asteroid, Zaum, Strange Broue, Marécages and Mountain Dust among others.
From 2018 onwards the band has released a series of numbered recordings under the Dyatlov Station title, usually comprised of jams and unreleased recordings. The band had also released two live albums digitally in 2018 and 2019, respectively. Monobrow remains active in the Ottawa heavy scene while beginning work on a fifth album.
- Monobrow (2010, Meatlocker)
- Bennington Triangle Blues (2012, Meatlocker)
- Big Sky, Black Horse (2014, Self-Released)
- The Nacarat (2017, Trill Or Be Trilled)
- A Handwritten Letter From The Moon (EP) (2015, Self-Released)
- Dyatlov Station IV (Digital Single) (2018, Self-Released)
- Dyatlov Station V (Digital Single) (2018, Self-Released)
- Live at Turbo Haüs (Live Album) (2018, Self-Released)
- Targed Again! (Live Album) (2019, Self-Released)
- Dyatlov Station VI (Digital Single) (2019, Self-Released)
- Dyatlov Station VII (Digital Single) (2020, Self-Released)
- Sam Beydoun - Bass (2009 - Present)
- Paul Slater - Guitar (2009 - Present)
- Brian Ahopelto - Drums (2009 - Present)