|Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard|
|Origin||Wrexham, North Wales, United Kingdom|
|Genres||Doom metal, Psychedelic rock|
|Years active||2014 - Present|
|Labels||New Heavy Sounds, Tapeworship|
Mammoth Weed Wizard Bastard are a psychedelic Doom from North Wales UK. Started in 2014, this doom began from members of Mothers of Six, a Stoner/Doom band active from 2006 - 2016.
MWWB began sometime in 2014, performing sporadic shows around the Wrexham area with their brand of psychedelic doom. The band would release an EP containing a single 30-minute song titled Nachthexan as their first release on January 31, 2015. The band's first gig was at South Central in Wrexham on April 24, 2015.By the end of the year the band would add the single with two more songs as their debut album Noeth ac Anoeth, released on December 4, 2015.
Throughout 2015 and 2016 the band would make appearances in Europe with various shows and festival appearances. A tour of the UK happened in 2016 with All Them Witches in between recording for the band's second album. Y Proffwyd Dwyll would be released on September 30, 2016 via New Heavy Sounds. On November 24, the band would announce a string of UK dates with OHHMS in 2017 along with an appearance at DesertFest London and a third album in the works.
On 14 November 2017 the band announced they had a split album in the works with Slomatics set for an early 2018 release via BlackBow Records. The band also announced that they intend to stay as a quartet with various musicians filling in on bass in regards to live performances. On 10 December 2018 it would be announced that the third album (and a new music video) in Yn Ol I Annwyn (Welsh for "Return To The Underworld") would be set for a 1 March 2019 release. On 4 February 2019 the title track would be revealed for streaming.
- James 'Carat' Carrington - Drums (2014-present)
- Paul Davies - Guitars (2014-present)
- Wes Leon - Synths, FX, Guitars (2014-present)
- Jessica Ball - Vocals, Bass, Synths (2014-present)
- Pete Edwards - Bass (2016 - 2017)
- Ben Griffiths - Live Bass (2017)
- Stuart Sinclair - Live Bass (2017-present)
- Noeth ac Anoeth (2015, New Heavy Sounds)
- Y Proffwyd Dwyll (2016, New Heavy Sounds)
- Yn Ol I Annywn (2019, New Heavy Sounds)
- Nachthexen (EP) (2015, Self-Released)
- Flight Of the Nachthexen / Stargate Finale (EP) (2016, thelathecuthouse)
- Totems (Split with Slomatics) (2018, Black Bow Records)
- 2016 UK Tour (with All Them Witches) (2016)
- 2017 UK Tour (With OHHMS) (2017)