|Origin||Kansas City, Missouri, USA|
|Genres||Stoner Metal, Sludge Metal|
|Years active||2015 - Present|
|Labels||Season of Mist|
|Associated acts||The Esoteric, Last Caress, Ballz Deep, Salt The Earth|
Hyborian are a stoner/sludge band originating from Kansas City, Missouri, USA. The band's sound draws inspiration from the likes of Relapse-era sludge acts such as High on Fire, Baroness and Mastodon along with other influences the likes of Metallica and The Sword. Lyrically the band draws from Robert E. Howard's mythos (Hence the band's namesake) and other low fantasy, sword-and-sorcery concepts. Lyrics, artwork, and everything tie into their concept of an interstellar, extra-dimensional being called the Traveler – that cloaked figure on the cover of the record. Hyborian is the Traveler's chosen mouthpiece for this time in existence. He touched history, and at this place and time, so the band tells his legends from the time before written language.
Since forming in 2015 the band has released one studio album via Season of Mist and has toured all over the United States in 2017 and 2018.
Hyborian formed in 2015 mainly by the trio of Martin Bush, Ryan Bates and Justin Rippeto. The band recruited a couple bassists in their early formation that came and went. The band's first release was a single entitled Get in Line, released in the summer of 2015. The band performed live early on with the likes of Mutoid Man and Acid King.
On 22 June 2016, Hyborian would announce their new bass player in Anthony Diale. Along with this, the band also announced that they built a home studio with new material written, intending to record by that fall. With new material in line to record and having phased out old material completely, the band would begin recording through the fall, with West End Studios handling the Mixing and New Alliance East handling the Mastering.
On 23 February 2017, Hyborian Vol. 1 would be released via Season of Mist. Hyborian would tour the Midwest that February and March in support of the record and later that July with Godmaker. The band would follow up with a more aggressive touring cycle, hitting the road that Spring with Weedeater and Bask, a June tour with The Skull and Earthride and then lastly a summer jaunt with Telekinetic Yeti.
In February 2020 the band would announce their second album Hyborian Vol. II, set for a 20 March release with the first single being "Planet Destructor".
- Get In Line (Single) (2015, Self-Released)
- Head and The Sword (Compilation Track) (2016, West End Recording)
- Hyborian Vol. 1 (Studio Album) (2017, Season of Mist)
- Hyborian Vol. II (Studio Album) (2020, Season of Mist)
- Anthony Diale - Bass (2016 - Present)
- Justin Rippeto - Drums (2015 - Present)
- Martin Bush - Guitar, Vocals (2015 - Present)
- Ryan Bates - Guitar, Vocals (2015 - Present)
- Midwest Tour 2017 (2017)
- Godmaker & Hyborian Tour (With Godmaker) (2017)
- God Luck and Good Speed North American Tour (With Weedeater, Bask) (2018)
- June 2018 North American Tour (With The Skull, Earthride) (2018)
- Summer 2018 North American Tour (With Telekinetic Yeti) (2018)>
- Winter Midwest Tour 2018 (With Bummer) (2018)