|High Volume - The Stoner Rock Collection|
|Compilation album by various|
|Recorded||2000 - 2003|
|Genre(s)||Stoner Rock, Stoner Metal, Doom Metal|
|Label||High Times Records|
High Volume - The Stoner Rock Collection is a stoner rock/metal compilation curated by High Times Records, the record label of the New York-based High Times Magazine. Normally the label would curate hip-hop compilations but this would be the label's one venture into a rock-oriented compilation. Several of the songs on this compilation were recorded exclusively for this release and have not be released elsewhere.
It would be released in regular jewel case incl. fold-out booklet with a poster and band infos & liner notes on the other side. It is manufactured & distributed by Caroline Records and Licensed exclusively by 420 Tours Inc. The Denim Diva's photography was shot at Gig Lizzy Recording Studios, NYC.
- 1 Tracklist
- 2 Track Information
- 3 Recording Information
- 4 Personnel
- 5 External Links
- 6 References
Tracklist[edit | edit source]
- 1. Gas Giant - Too Stoned (6:11)
- 2. Bad Wizard - So Bad (3:05)
- 3. Clutch - Willie Nelson (3:17)
- 4. Nebula - The Void (3:03)
- 5. The Hidden Hand - Falconstone (3:26)
- 6. Unida - Left Us To Mold (5:45)
- 7. Orange Goblin - No Law (3:51)
- 8. Suplecs - Cities of The Dead (6:04)
- 9. High on Fire - To Cross The Bridge (5:43)
- 10. Sea of Green - High For The Ride (3:40)
- 11. The Formula - Hello To Oblivion (4:50)
- 12. Corrosion of Conformity - It Is That Way (5:11)
- 13. The Mystick Crewe of Clearlight - Ride Out (6:31)
- 14. Bottom - NADAsoul (4:45)
Track Information[edit | edit source]
- Gas Giant - From the 2001 album Pleasant Journey in Heavy Tunes.
- Bad Wizard - From the 2003 album #1 Tonite!.
- Clutch - Recorded for the compilation, later released on Slow Hole To China.
- Nebula - Recorded exclusively for the compilation.
- The Hidden Hand - Recorded exclusively for the compilation.
- Unida - Recorded exclusively for the compilation.
- Orange Goblin - Recorded in the same sessions as Coup de Grace, later added to that album's re-issue in 2011.
- Suplecs - Early recording of the song from Powtin' On The Outside Pawty On The Inside.
- High on Fire - Recorded likely in the same sessions as Surrounded By Thieves. Later re-recorded with Joe Preston for the band's third album Blessed Black Wings.
- Sea of Green - Recorded exclusively for the compilation.
- The Formula - One-off recording featuring members of Monster Magnet and Solace.
- Corrosion of Conformity - Early version of the same song from In The Arms Of God
- The Mystick Crewe of Clearlight - From the 2000 album The Mystick Crewe of Clearlight.
- Bottom - Recorded exclusively for the compilation.
Recording Information[edit | edit source]
- Gas Giant - Recorded at Black Tornado Studio, Copenhagen, Denmark.
- Bad Wizard - Recorded circa July 2002 at Cannon Found Soundation, New Jersey.
- Clutch - Recorded at Uncle Punchy Studios by Bruce Falkinburg.
- Nebula - Recorded circa Summer 2002 at Nebula's rehearsal space, Los Angeles, CA.
- The Hidden Hand - Recorded Fall 2002 at Phase Recording Studios, College Park, MD.
- Unida - Recorded at Dead End Studios, Palm Desert, CA and FeldMatron Studios, Palm Springs, CA.
- Orange Goblin - Recorded September 2002 at New Rising Studios, Essex, England.
- Suplecs - Recorded circa Fall 2002 at Rax Trax Studio, Chicago, IL.
- High on Fire Recorded circa 2002 at Sharkbite Studios, San Francisco, CA.
- Sea of Green - Recorded 20 April 2002 at Halamusic, Toronto, Canada.
- The Formula - Recorded circa Spring 2003 at Word of Mouth Studio, Long Branch, NJ.
- Corrosion of Conformity - Recorded March 2003 at The Wig Shop and Nocturnus, Raleigh, NC.
- The Mystick Crewe of Clearlight - Recorded January 2000 at Balance Studios, New Orleans, LA.
- Bottom - Recorded 2003 at Sharkbite Studios, Oakland, CA.
Personnel[edit | edit source]
Gas Giant[edit | edit source]
- Jasper Valentin - Vocals, Congas, Effects
- Thomas Carstensen - Bass, Backing Vocals
- Stefan Krev - Space Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Tommy Nielsen - Drums
- Ralph Rjeily - Producer, Engineer
Bad Wizard[edit | edit source]
- Brett Falcon - Bass
- Scott Nutt - Drums
- Eddie Lynch - Guitar
- Tina Gorin - Guitar
- Curtis Brown - Vocals
- Jesse Cannon - Producer, Engineer
Clutch[edit | edit source]
- Neil Fallon - Vocals
- Tim Sult - Guitar
- Dan Maines - Bass
- Jean-Paul Gaster - Drums
- Bruce Falkinburg - Engineer
Nebula[edit | edit source]
The Hidden Hand[edit | edit source]
Unida[edit | edit source]
- John Garcia - Vocals, Lyrics
- Arthur Seay - Guitar, Songwriting, Producer, Mixing
- Eddie Plascencia - Bass
- Miguel Cancino - Drums
- Steve Feldman - Engineer, Mixing
- Brad Garrow - Assistant Engineer
- Nancy Matter - Mastering
Orange Goblin[edit | edit source]
- Ben Ward - Vocals
- Martyn Millard - Bass
- Joe Hoare - Guitar
- Pete O'Malley - Guitar (Uncredited)
- Chris Turner - Drums
- Billy Anderson - Producer
- Scott Reeder - Engineer (Uncredited)
Suplecs[edit | edit source]
- Durel Yates - Guitar, Vocals
- Danny Nick - Bass, Vocals
- Andrew Preen - Drums
- Chris Bauer - Engineer
- Colonel J. Shapira - Engineer
High on Fire[edit | edit source]
- Matt Pike - Guitar, Vocals
- Des Kensel - Drums
- George Rice - Bass
- Billy Anderson - Engineer, Producer
Sea of Green[edit | edit source]
- Travis Cardinal - Guitar, Vocals
- Eric Kuthe - Bass, Engineer, Mixing, Producer
- Chris Bender - Drums
- Pete Hudson - Engineer, Mixing
The Formula[edit | edit source]
- Jason - Vocals
- Keith Ackerman - Drums
- Jim Baglino - Bass
- Ed Mundell - Guitar
- Charlie Schafer - Engineer
Corrosion of Conformity[edit | edit source]
- Pepper Keenan - Guitar, Vocals, Mixing
- Woody Weatherman - Guitar
- Mike Dean - Bass, Engineer, Mixing
- Merritt Martridge - Drums, Engineer
The Mystick Crewe of Clearlight[edit | edit source]
- Jimmy Bower - Guitar
- Paul Webb - Guitar
- Andy Shepherd - Bass
- Joey LaCaze - Drums
- Ross Karpelman - Engineer
- Dave Fortman - Producer
Bottom[edit | edit source]
- Sina - Guitar, Vocals, Lyrics
- Nila- Bass
- Clementine - Drums
- Billy Anderson - Engineer, Producer
Other Personnel[edit | edit source]
- The Denim Diva - Model
- Bobby Black - A&R, Liner Notes
- Robert Braswell - Art Direction, Sleeve Design
- Michael Esterson - Executive Producer
- Steve Burgh - Mastering
- Rahav Segev - Photography