Flummox in 2020.
|Origin||Murfreesboro, Tennessee, USA|
|Genres||Doom Metal, Progressive Rock, Progressive Metal, Avant-Garde, Art Rock|
|Years active||2012 - Present|
|Labels||Tridoid, Wood and Stone Productions, Needlejuice Records|
|Associated acts||Unorthodox, Old Man Oblivion, Oblivion Myth, The Fallopian Dudes,The Dapper Dan Man Band, Bee Bong, Bled To Submission, Iraconji|
|Current members||Alyson Blake Dellinger, Drew Jones,, Alan Pfeifer, Chase McCutcheon, Jesse Peck|
|Past members||Jody Lester, Justin "Squonk" Smith, Matt Rose, Joe Myers, Parker Lampley|
Flummox are a progressive, avant-garde metal band from Murfreesboro, TN. Formed in the summer of 2012 by Blake Dellinger and Drew Jones, the band has seen several sound and line-up changes since its inception. They released two albums through Tridroid Records ( 2014's "Phlummoxygen" and 2016's "Selcouth") before signing to Wood and Stone Productions for their third album, "Intellectual Hooliganism."
Although the band is not entirely a stoner/doom band, their sound harkens back to these genres in between the various other musical styles they mesh into their sound. Nonetheless, they have shared the stage with notable acts within the genre such as The Obsessed, Eyehategod, Place of Skulls, Iron Man, Howling Giant, Toke, & Dee Calhoun.
Flummox would be founded circa July 2012 by Alyson Blake Dellinger and Drew Jones. Matthew Rose would be the founding drummer but the band would rotate through various drummers through the band's early years. Their first release would be the single The Whispering Banshees, quickly followed by The MindrapE.P. released that September, showcasing a mix of progressive metal, doom metal and up-tempo rock.
Following several shows in Tennessee and release of extended plays, live or remix, would lead to work on a debut album. Signing with Tridroid Records and working with Dave Summers at in Tullahoma, Flummox's debut album Phlummoxygen would see release on 16 August 2014, gaining a buzz for their wild, ever-changing and unpredictable sound.
Gaining momentum and a consistent drummer/vocalist in Jody Lester, work would quickly begin on a follow-up, working again with Dave Summers. On 15 October 2015 the band would announce that the second album was finished and set for a Winter release. Selcouth would see release on 22 February 2016 via Tridroid Records to more positive reception. Notably the band would perform several shows outside of Tennessee, including a short tour and an appearance at The Maryland Doom Fest.
Notably the band's lineup would begin to expand upon it's then-typical trio, to a quartet or quintet depending on the given lineup. Work would begin on a third studio album, working again with Dave Summers from November 2017 & June 2018. Signing to Wood & Stone Productions and recording as a quintet with several guests, Intellectual Hooliganism would see release on 7 September 2018, attaining their highest praise and critical acclaim to date.
The band would perform frequent gigs to support Intellectual Hooliganism, including hometown festivals such as Boro Fondo and Boro Pride. With a slight change in lineup the band would intend to release two EPs in 2020. The first would come circa 13 February 2020 in the form of Sabbat Worship, a two-track return to the band's doomy roots. Twon singles would follow in the summer. The first being a cover of The Blam Blam's Isabella and the second being a new song released 28 June 2020 entitled Trans Girls Need Guns, with proceeds going to the BTFA Collective (Black Trans Femmes in the Arts).
- Alyson Blake Dellinger - Bass, Lead Vocals (2012 - Present)
- Drew Jones - Guitars, Backing Vocals (2012 - Present)
- Alan Pfeifer - Drums (2016 - Present)
- Chase McCutcheon - Guitar, Backing Vocals (2018 - Present)
- Jesse Peck - Keyboards, Synthesizer, Backing Vocals (2020 - Present)
- Matt Rose - Drums (2012)
- Joe Myers - Drums (2012)
- Curly Persinger - Live Drums (2012)
- London Allan - Live Drums (2013)
- Jordan Gibson - Drums (2013)
- Jody Lester - Drums, Vocals (2014 - 2016)
- Kyle Caldwell - Live Drums (2016)
- Shoney Martin - Guitar (2016 - 2017)
- Squonk - Guitar, Vocals (2017)
- Parker Lampley - Keyboard, Flute, Theremin, Kazoo, Vocals (2017 - 2018)
- Keith McQuarrie - Alto Saxophone (2018 - 2019)
- Phlummoxygen (2014, Tridroid)
- Selcouth (2016, Tridroid)
- Intellectual Hooliganism (2018, Wood and Stone Productions; 2019, Needlejuice Records)
- The Whispering Banshees (Digital Single) (2012, Self-Released)
- The MindrapE.P. (EP) (2012, Self-Released)
- Flummox Plays Fatal Fest 2012 (Live EP) (2012, Self-Released)
- Manimal's Revenge (Live EP) (2012, Self-Released)
- Remixing the Mindrape (Remix EP) (2013, Self-Released)
- Custodian Ralph (Digital Single) (2014, Self-Released)
- The Ghost of Ronnie Dio (Digital Single) (2015, Self-Released)
- Pan's Daughter (Digital Single) (2015, Self-Released)
- Garage Prog (Demo) (2017, Self-Released)
- Tom Walker Blues (Single) (2017, Self-Released)
- Sabbat Worship (EP) (2020, Needlejuice Records)
- Isabella (Digital Single) (2020, Self-Released)
- Trans Girls Need Guns(Digital Single) (2020, Needlejuice Records)
List of Known ToursEdit
- With Your Pals In Flummox! (2016)
- Come To The Sabbat Worship (Postponed) (2020)