|Days of The Doomed|
The lineup for the 2014 edition.
|Location||Wisconsin (2011 - 2014), Various (2017)|
|Venue(s)||P.L.A.V., the Blue Pig, The Metal Grill|
|Years active||2011 - 2014, 2017 - Present|
Days of The Doomed is a festival held primarily in Wisconsin, USA. the style of the festival is largely in favor of traditional doom metal (Trouble, Iron Man, Revelation and Penance to name a few) with the occasional stoner metal band. This festival can be pinpointed as the starting point of the band The Skull when Ron Holzner and Eric Wagner jammed together for the inagural edition performing classic Trouble songs.
The festival took some time off after 2014 but has returned as of 2017 as a touring festival.
Lineups[edit | edit source]
2017[edit | edit source]
On 14 April 2017 it was announced that Days of The Doomed would be returning but with a twist. This time, rather than a festival in Wisconsin it is functioning as a touring festival named Tour Of The Doomed, with the first day functioning as a kick-off festival event in Wisconsin. The three main acts for the touring festival are Spillage, Belzefuzz and Sheavy as the headliner. Notably this is Sheavy's first ever tour of the United States as well. It is slated to span for eight dates throughout the midwest and northeastern United States.
The Tour of The Doomed dates are as follows:
- 12 August 2017 - The Metal Grill, Milwaukee, WI (With The Skull, Castle, Apostle of Solitude, Red Desert, Attalla, Sons of The Morning)
- 13 August 2017 - Reggie's, Chicago, IL (With Apostle of Solitude)
- 14 August 2017 - The Melody Inn, Indianapolis, IN (With Apostle of Solitude)
- 15 August 2017 - New Dodge Lounge, Detroit, MI (With Karmic Lava, Marjorie's Cane)
- 16 August 2017 - The Foundry, Lakewood, OH (With Argus, Dead East Garden, Sparrowmilk
- 17 August 2017 - Howler's, Pittsburgh, PA (With Argus)
- 18 August 2017 - The Depot, York, PA (With WitchHazel)
- 19 August 2017 - Saint Vitus Bar, Brooklyn, NY (With Pale Divine, Reign of Zaius; No Spillage)
2014[edit | edit source]
The 2014 Edition of Days of The Doomed was held at The Metal Grill in Cudahy, Wisconsin from June 20th to June 21st, 2014. Notably, it was held as a tribute to Jason McCash of The Gates of Slumber, who died that same year.
|June 20||June 21|
|Blackfinger||Age of Taurus|
|The Mighty Nimbus||Beelzefuzz|
|Witchden||Devil To Pay|
2013[edit | edit source]
Notably, this festival ended up being the final show for The Gates of Slumber before they would break up less than four months later.
|June 21||June 22|
|Iron Man||The Gates of Slumber|
|Penance||Victor Griffin's In-Graved|
|Venomous Maximus||Dream Death|
|Kings Destroy||Pale Divine|
|Moon Curse||Leather Nun America|
2012[edit | edit source]
|June 15||June 16|
|Stone Magnum||The Skull|
|Sanctus Bellum||Earthen Grave|
|Snake Dance||Blood Farmers|
|Apostle of Solitude|
|Die Monster Die|
2011[edit | edit source]
|June 17||June 18|
|Pale Divine||All-Star Black Sabbath Jam|
|Sinister Realm||Iron Man|
|The Gates of Slumber||The Skull (Billed as a classic Trouble Set)|
|Backwoods Payback||Earthen Grave|
|Admiral Browning||Las Cruces|
|Kin of Ettins||Argus|