|Occupation||Musician, Graphic Designer|
|Genres||Doom Metal, Psychedelic Rock, Traditional Doom|
|Instrument(s)||Guitar, Bass, Theremin, Drums, Vocals|
|Years active||Early 1990s - Present|
|Labels||Stone Groove Records, Svart|
|Associated acts||HypNoGoG, Jet Black Vicar, Sweet Cicada, Place of Skulls, Victor Griffin's In-Graved, Ziklag Chase|
Dan Lively is a multi-instrumentalist based out of West Virginia. Since at least 1998 he has been involved with several musical projects in the genres of doom metal, psychedelic rock, stoner metal and much more.
His first project would be the stoner/doom/free improvisation project known as HypNoGoG, curated by Lively along with various other collaborators. The project would be entirely improvisational with minimal overdubs at best. Eventually this project would release a full-length entitled Syndrig Times in 2013 via Stone Groove Records.
Lively would begin involvement in two more projects in the early 2000s: Sweet Cicada (A stoner/psychedelic/doom power trio formed in 2001) and Riffkraft (a heavy doom project formed in 2003), the former releasing an EP in 2004 entitled Switch and the latter collaborating with the likes of Jeff "Oly" Olson, Scott Reed, Tim Pyne and Sonny Glazzard.
In 2013 Lively would join Victor Griffin for the "In-Graved" project, performing bass on "Love Song For The Dead". Victor Griffin's In-Graved would be released on 22 March 2013 via Svart Records. Lively would perform bass for the In-Graved project, notably at Days of The Doomed and a motorcycle festival in Maryville, Tennessee.
Lively would also work as the guitar and bass tech, stage production and security for Pentagram from 2014 - 2016. He would join Pete Campbell and Victor Griffin for a tour of Europe in 2016, performing as the Victor Griffin trio for a handful of dates but also performing shows with Place of Skulls, including a headlining appearance at Malta Doom Festival.
In the mid 2010s Lively would sign with Stone Groove Records and begin working as a graphic designer for Framewerks Graphics, a company that is in association with the label. Several of his projects would see a digital release through the label.
- Ziklag Chase - Guitar, Vocals (early to mid 1990s)
- HypNoGoG - All Instruments, Vocals (1998 - Present)
- Sweet Cicada - Guitar, Lead Vocals (2001 - Present)
- Riffkraft - Guitar, Bass, Theremin, Vocals (2003 - Present)
- In-Graved - Live Bass, Backing Vocals (2013)
- Jet Black Vicar - Guitar, Bass, Vocals (2015 - Present)
- Place of Skulls - Live Bass, Vocals (2016 - Present)
- Sweet Cicada - Switch (EP) (2004, Self-Released; 2010, Stone Groove Records)
- HypNoGoG - Syndrig Tymes (Studio Album) (2013, Self-Released; 2014, Stone Groove Records)
- In-Graved - Victor Griffin's In-Graved (Studio Album; Bass on 7) (2013, Svart)
- Jet Black Vicar - Capt. DeLeujon (Single) (2015, Stone Groove Records)
- Sweet Cicada - Embryonic Sunrise (Single) (2015, Stone Groove Records)
- Dan Lively on Facebook
- HypNoGoG on Facebook
- Sweet Cicada on Facebook
- Jet Black Vicar on Facebook
- Riffkraft on Facebook
- Place of Skulls on Facebook
- Framewerks Graphics on Facebook
|V·T·E Place of Skulls|
|Current Members||Victor Griffin • Lee Abney • Dan Lively • Russell Lee Padgett|
|Past Members||Tim Tomaselli • Ron Holzner • Greg Turley • Scott Weinrich • Dennis Cornelius • Pete Campbell|
|Studio Albums||Nailed • With Vision • The Black Is Never Far • As A Dog Returns|
|Other Releases||Place of Skulls Live! • Death Row Reunion 2000 • Love Through Blood|
|Associated Bands, Artists, Etc.||Death Row • Pentagram • The Obsessed • Trouble • Revelation • Cathedral • Late For An Early Grave • Victor Griffin's In-Graved|