|Genres||Sludge Metal, Progressive Metal, Post-Rock, Post-Metal|
|Years active||2003 - 2008|
|Labels||Rise Above Records|
|Associated acts||Iron Monkey, Orange Goblin, 11Paranoias, Spider Kitten, Taint, Bridge & Tunnel, The Dukes of Nothing, Satan's Wrath, Alabaster Suns, Born Against, Iabhorher, Diabolo, Nukebirds, Disco Assassins|
|Website||Capricorns of London|
Capricorns was a London-based band active between 2003 and 2008. Described as "Instru-Prog" their sound blended sludge, progressive and post-rock. Though the majority of their music was instrumental the song titles and artwork heavily implied themes of war and death. The band was formed as sort of a supergroup with members of Iron Monkey, Orange Goblin and Bridge & Tunnel.
In their five-year run the band managed to release two albums and an EP, all of which through Rise Above Records.
Capricorns formed in 2003 with Nathan Bennett, Kevin Williams, Chris Turner and Dean Berry. Little is known of the band's beginnings but the band would release a three-song EP through Rise Above Records in 2004 and perform with the likes of Keelhaul and ISIS. The band would go into 2005 opening for Melvins and performing a short UK tour with Electric Wizard. In the meantime the band would record and release a second album entitled Ruder Forms Survive on 31 October 2005, featuring a guest spot by one Eugene Robinson (Oxbow).
Capricorns would tour for a string of UK shows in the fall with Baroness. In 2006 the band would branch out of the UK for appearances at CloseUp, Roadburn Festival and Hellfest before a tour in November of the UK, sharing the stage with the likes of Don Caballero, Torche and Neurosis. The band would perform their first full tour of Europe with Lair of The Minotaur in 2007 as work would begin on a second album.
Capricorns would release River, Bear Your Bones on 28 July 2008, a concept album based at the time in multiple geographical locations. At the time of release, Dean Berry had moved to Canada while Nathan Bennett moved to Berlin. Behind the scenes there was turmoil between the members when Bennett flew in to record the album where according to Bennett the other members "weren’t prepared for the task at hand." with tension between the band members.
- Capricorns (EP) (2004, Rise Above Records)
- Ruder Forms Survive (Album) (2005, Rise Above Records)
- River, Bear Your Bones (Album) (2008, Rise Above Records)
- Nathan Bennett - Guitar (2003 - 2008)
- Kevin Williams - Guitar (2003 - 2008)
- Javier Villegas - Bass (2007 - 2008)
- Nathan Perrier - Drums (2005? - 2008)
- Dean Berry - Bass (2003 - 2005?)
- Chris Turner - Drums (2003 - 2005?)
- Chris West - Live Bass (2006)
- We Live UK Tour (With Electric Wizard) (2005)
- Ruder Forms Survive Tour (2006)
- 2007 European Tour (With Lair of The Minotaur) (2007)
- Live review of Capricorns with Electric Wizard
- Metalsucks Review
- Review via The quietus
- Capricorns on Last.fm