|Black: Implication Flooding|
Artwork by Fangs Anal Satan.
|Live album by Keiji Haino with Boris|
|Keiji Haino with Boris chronology|
|Boris / Tomsk-7
|Black: Implication Flooding
|Amplifier Worship |
Black: Implication Flooding is a live album by Keiji Haino in collaboration with Boris. Recorded at 20000V in Tokyo on 30 August 1997 and released in October that year on indie label Inoxia.
Background[edit | edit source]
As part of Boris' FANGS ANAL SATAN live series the band performed live in a one-off improvised collaboration with Keiji Haino in August 1997, with Haino serving as the bandleader and Boris as backing musicians/improvisers. Originally the set had spanned over two hours (With the original recording even circulating among various trade circles) but the CD cuts down a significant portion of the show to specific edited cuts.
Following Haino's aesthetic of observational, nihilistic song titles and deconstructed drone sounds the sound here deviates into avant-garde, drone, freeform noise and open experimentation. Notably it also serves as Boris' first published collaborative effort.
Tracklist[edit | edit source]
- 1. "A Rise, A Moment Before Something Unexpected Is on the Verge of Starting" (15:24)
- 2. "Not Knowing If It Will Be Agony or Comfort for Us" (1:28)
- 3. "Wonder What Colour Would Be Suitable for the Dwelling" (1:50)
- 4. "The Decision of a Dream Which Will Never Be Completely Red" (2:12)
- 5. "It Should Be Watched, Not to Fail to Notice These Flashes of an Accusation from Inside" (9:58)
- 6. "Offer It All Up, Our Madness, That Will Be Crushed on This Land That Has Come to Be Called Chaos Unzipped" (11:43)
- 7. "From the Distance, With Their Own Gentle Eyes Always Fixed on Us, They Are Affectionately Gazing at the Black: Implication Flooding" (6:28)
- 8. "Don't Be Cheated by the Oozing Silt from Both of the Accuser and the Accused Which Is Always There, Saying 'Something Have to Be Done'" (11:07)
- 9. "The Person Who, What Is S/he Like, The One Who Has Been Determined and Prepared" (12:31)
Personnel[edit | edit source]
- Keiji Haino - electronic sruthi box(1,6), guitar (7,8,9), wave drum (5), ethnic oboe (6), vocal, marshall
- Wata - guitar, echo, e-bow, orange, matamp
- Ohtani - bass, vocal, ampeg
- Atsuo - drums, vocal