|Genres||Drone Doom, Sludge Metal, Doom Metal|
|Years active||2012 - Present|
|Labels||Tartarus, At War With False Noise|
|Associated acts||Megalodoom, Monoliths, Nadir, Diet Pills|
|Current members|| Tanya|
Bismuth are a sludge/doom duo from Nottingham, active since 2012. They are best known for having a massive bass tone complimented by thundering drums and harrowing vocals. Since their inception they have released two full-length records and a host of other releases.
Bismuth formed in early 2012 as a duo and quickly starting composing songs, with their debut show on 27 April at The Sumac Centre in Nottingham. On 8 July the band released their first EP/Single The Eternal Marshes with a cassette release following that October. The band would spend 2013 playing around at various gigs and sharing the stage with the likes of Purson, Conan, Moss and Windhand among others. The same year the band would release a split with the band Undersmile.
Bismuth would start 2014 with an appearance at Doom For The Doomed Festival along with a tour entitled Dutch Collapse 2014. Along with more frequent shows the band began work on their first full-length album. Unavailing would be released on 25 November 2016 with later issues on vinyl and cassette along with a tour of Europe in April.
In November 2016 the band began recording new material and performing gigs into 2017, debuting new songs such as "Ceres". In early 2018 the duo would announce a tour with Primitive Man (Including an appearance at DesertFest London) and a second album in the works.
On 27 September 2018, it would be announced that Bismuth's second studio album would be entitled The Slow Dying of The Great Barrier Reef and be released on 2 November via different labels. The Slow Dying of The Great Barrier Reef is conceptualized on climate change and the drastic effects on The Great Barrier Reef in recent years.
Bismuth would follow up with two performances at Roadburn Festival and a host of other shows in support of the new album. On 20 August 2019 it would be announced that Bismuth would be returning to Roadburn in April 2020 for a one-time collaborative set with Vile Creature entitled A Hymn of Loss and Hope.
- Unavailing (2015, Tartarus)
- The Slow Dying of The Great Barrier Reef (2018, Tartarus; Dry Cough; Medusa Crush; Rope or Guillotine)
- Live at SOAN 25/07/2014 (2014, Independent)
- Live at SOAN 18/12/2015 (2015, Independent)
- Live at the Meatlocker / Leeds 260617 (2017, Independent)
- The Eternal Marshes (EP) (2012, Tartarus)
- Undersmile/Bismuth (Split with Undersmile) (2013, Tartarus)
- Gnaw Their Tongues & Bismuth (Split with Gnaw Their Tongues) (2017, Tartarus)
- Legion of Andromeda / Bismuth (Split with Legion of Andromeda) (2018, At War With False Noise)
- Tanya - Bass, Vocals (2012 - Present)
- Joe - Drums (2012 - Present)
- Bismuth & Ghold Weekend Tour (With Ghold) (2013)
- Dutch Collapse 2014 (2014)
- Ommadon / Bismuth (2016)
- End Times: Summer XXVII (With Ommadon) (2017)
- Primitive Man & Bismuth Tour 2018 (With Primitive Man) (2018)
- Vile Creature & Bismuth UK Tour (With Vile Creature) (2018)
- ↑ Bismuth's FacebookAccessed 6 March 2017
- ↑ Bismuth FacebookAccessed 6 March 2017
- ↑ YouTubeAccessed 6 March 2017
- ↑ The Obelisk
- ↑ Roadburn Facebook
- ↑ Bismuth Facebook
- ↑ FacebookAccessed 27 May 2017
- ↑ Bismuth FacebookAccessed 21 February 2018